Easy Thanksgiving Recipes
Thanksgiving 2021 is right around the corner! As friends and family will be gathering, we have assembled some simple and delicious recipes to lend a hand to your Autumn table.
Secret Ingredient Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
These delicious, rustic carrots are the perfect accompaniment to your main meal – just the perfect blend of savory and sweetness.
2 pounds thin/baby carrots peeled, tops chopped off or to 2 inches*
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
1/8 teaspoon Ground Cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Either line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray OR spray your baking sheet with cooking spray. See Note. Add carrots to the center. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over carrots. Toss until evenly coated. Line carrots in a single layer. Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on carrot thickness, until fork-tender, stirring after 20 minutes.* Roast longer for more caramelization. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Sausage Crumble Crostini
Savory with a little kick, this appetizer is sure to start your gathering off right!
1 package (12 ounces) pork sausage
¼ cup olive oil
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 loaves of French bread (8 ounces each), each cut into 15 slices
1½ cup (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
? cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
? cup finely chopped fresh basil
1½ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary (optional)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cook sausage per package instructions. Crumble, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil; place in single layer on baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until both sides of each bread slice are lightly toasted, turning after 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sausage, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, onion and basil in large bowl. Stir in rosemary and cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Top bread slices with sausage mixture.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until topping is thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta
Combining flavors of the season in one delicious crunchy bite!
2 cups butternut squash, diced
1 cup apples, diced
6 tbsp olive oil, divided
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 tsp black pepper, divided
8 slices of French bread
1 cup ricotta cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Toss the butternut squash and apples with 2 tbsp olive oil, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Place in an even layer on a baking sheet and into the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the squash and apples are roasting, brush the sliced bread with 2 tbsp olive oil, set aside.
- Combine the ricotta cheese with the remaining ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp kosher salt, set aside.
- In a small skillet, add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sage leaves, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the squash and apples when they come out of the oven.
- Place the slices of bread into the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until toasted to your liking.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top with the ricotta cheese, then the roasted squash and apple mix.
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
Sausage and Sage Stuffed Mushrooms
These mushrooms offer a perfect gluten-free and dairy-free appetizer solution for all of the guests at your table!
12 oz package Breakfast Sausage Roll
3 tbsp olive oil
15-18 large white mushrooms
2 cloves minced garlic
3 large sage leaves, chopped fine + more for garnish
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
4 oz dairy-free cream cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and scoop out the remaining insides/gills (being careful not to break the cap!). Set the stems aside and chop fine.
- Place the mushroom tops into a bowl along with the olive oil and toss to coat. Place them hollowed out-side up on a baking sheet.
- Make the filling. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes, using a spoon to break the sausage into small pieces, until browned and mostly cooked through.
- Add in the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, sage leaves, Italian seasoning, and salt and cook for 2-3 additional minutes until the mushrooms are softened. Stir in the dairy free cream cheese until melted.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl and add in almond flour and fresh parsley. Stir well until combined. Scoop a generous amount into each mushroom top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crispy. Serve with a tiny piece of sage leaf on top of each one.
Salted Caramel Pecan Baked Brie
Salted caramel & pecans top this deliciously easy, baked brie recipe, which is perfect served as a party appetizer in the fall or as a Thanksgiving dessert!
16 oz wheel of brie cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
6 tbsp butter
½ cup heavy cream
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 apple, thinly sliced
cinnamon graham crackers
1 baguette, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place brie in a “foil basket” on a rimmed baking sheet and into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- While the brie is baking, prepare the salted caramel pecan sauce.
- Add the granulated sugar to a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until it turns into an amber-colored liquid.
- Once the sugar is completely melted, stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly, drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring constantly, allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sea salt and pecans.
- As soon as the brie comes out of the oven, place it on a rimmed serving dish and pour the salted caramel pecan sauce on top.
- Serve with sliced apples, graham crackers, shortbread cookies or a sliced baguette