A Father's Day Outing that Fits to A Tee
Great Golf Courses Around Kansas City for Father's Day
As you may recall, for Mother's Day we explored the delicious and decadent activity of the afternoon tea. Since we didn't want our favorite fathers to feel slighted, this time, we are exploring a whole different type of "Tee Time".
If you have ever lived away from this part of the Midwest for any length of time, you'll discover, upon your return, just how vibrantly green our lovely area is. One of the lushest displays of that lovely greenness are our abundant golf courses.
You would be hard-pressed to find a dad who would say no to a round of golf to celebrate his special day. Even if he is not a golf fan, who doesn't like driving the cart?
However, if playing an entire 18-hole round of golf just isn't his forte, don't worry, there are still many options available that involve a bit of putting around. Kansas City boasts some modern golfing experiences for the 21-plus crowd, and some very family-friendly options too. Read ahead for some in each category, so you can pick just the right fit for your outing.
18-Hole Golf Courses
With no membership required, here are the open to the public golf courses in our area. Links (no pun intended) are included so you can see what location and rates best suit your needs.
Belton, MO Golf Courses
- Eagles' Landing Golf Course: 4200 Bong Ave
Blue Springs, MO Golf Courses
- Stone Canyon Golf Course: 22415 E 39th Street
- Blue Springs Golf Club: 1600 NW Circle Drive
Independence, MO Golf Courses
- Drumm Farm Golf Club: 15400 E 34th Street
Kansas City, MO Golf Courses
- Fred Arbanas Golf Course: 11100 View High Drive
- Heart of America Golf Course: 7501 Blue River Road
- Hillcrest Golf Course: 8200 Hillcrest Road
- Minor Park Golf Course: 11215 Holmes Road
- Royal Meadows Golf Course: 10501 E. 47th Street
- Swope Golf Course: 6900 Swope Memorial Drive
Leawood, KS Golf Courses
- Iron Horse Golf Club: 15400 Mission Road
Lee's Summit, MO Golf Courses
- Shamrock Hills: 3161 South 291 Hwy
Olathe, KS Golf Courses
- Heritage Park: 16447 Constance Street
Overland Park, KS Golf Courses
- Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Club: 12501 Quivira Road
- St. Andrews Golf Club: 11099 W. 135th Street
Shawnee, KS Golf Courses
- Tomahawk Hills: 17501 Midland Drive
Unity Village, MO Golf Courses
- Unity Village Golf Course: 1901 NW Blue Parkway
21-Plus Golf Experiences
- The Puttery: 4641 Jefferson Street, Kansas City, MO 64112
A new up-and-coming immersive putting experience, which combines golf, food, and a fun night out!
- Craft Putt: 11440 W 135th Stree, Overland Park, KS 66221
A 9,000 square-foot mini-golf Tap house with 24 local beers, handcrafted cocktails, and unique mini golf-themed games
- Sinkers Lounge: 53 W 13th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105
Mini golf meets cocktails in a hip lounge setting in the Power and Light District
Miniature Golf Courses
For those dads who prefer the type of golf that comes with a windmill and some crazy obstacles, these courses can be enjoyed with the whole family.
- Cool Crest Family Fun Center: 10735 US 40 Highway, Independence, MO
- Aaron's Fun Center: 17070 Aaron Lane, Belton, MO 64012
- Blackbob Park Minigolf & Batting Cages: 14570 W 151st, Olathe, KS 66061
- Smiley's Golf Complex: 10195 Monticello Terrace Lenexa, KS 66227
Smiley's has a championship golf course, a driving range, and a miniature golf course.
- Parkville Mini Golf: 7 W 1st Street, Parkville, MO 64152
- Prehistoric Putt: 13907 US 40, Independence, MO 64055
If you are looking for more than just a fun afternoon and looking to relocate to a golf community permanently, connect with the Ask Cathy Group today. We have the inside scoop on all the golf communities in the area. We can find you the perfect fit in time for your next tee time!
Wishing you and your family, and your fathers, dads, pops, and papas the very best Father's Day there is!
Even though we are a little past Father's Day, I am going to bookmark this post as the list and links to the local golf courses is super helpful. Thanks!!
Post a Comment